Thursday, October 16, 2014

My Broken Ankle: Thank Goodness for Insurance, the bills are rolling in...

I got my first glimpse of the charges for my ankle. Take a look at these charges for my trip to the hospital. This is why everyone should have insurance.  I never use my insurance, I've been to see the Dr maybe once in the last 8 years, but when the unexpected happens (and it does) you don't want to pay this kind of money on the spot!

The 6 block ambulance ride was $905.

My surgery and overnight stay was $17,918.

ER charge $225.

Anesthesia: $720.

Radiology $104

Grand Total: $19,872

I'm still awaiting the Dr's charges for that day.  Those are billed separate.  I will also have the follow up appointments/visits w/ x-rays and splints, etc, and eventually Physical Therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment