Tuesday, October 14, 2014

My Broken Ankle: Continued Body Aches at week 4

I have had full body achiness since the surgery.  I attributed most of it to side effects of narcotics or anesthesia.   During the first week, whenever I got slightly behind on dosing I was achy.  When I stopped taking them all together by the end of week 2, I was achy, non-stop for several days in a row.  Like having the flu, along with nausea, chills and sweats.  Now I am achy for about 25%-100% of the day.  Still get chills and sweats.  I am 27 days post fx & surgery.

The achiness/tiredness is really depressing.  I attributed the symptoms to side effects from stopping narcotics, but I don't think they should be lasting this long.  I don't know if this is a typical healing process or something else.  I haven't seen anyone else discuss this when they broke an ankle.  Anyone else have these symptoms?

No comments:

Post a Comment